Do you have a talented young actor but no idea how to help them?
I have a course to help you!
I know what it’s like to want to help your kid achieve their dream of being a professional actor, but literally know nothing about “the business.” When my daughter Dove Cameron and I came to Los Angeles when she was 14, we had no idea where to even start.
So I designed two courses for parents: an introductory one to cover the basics, and another more advanced course for families who are already started on their journey.
1) Hometown to Hollywood is for people who are genuinely just starting out, and have questions about some basics.
In this course you will learn:
- How to Know if Your Child is Ready to Go Professional
- What Can You Do to Help Prepare Your Kid, Right Where You are Now?
- Headshots – How to Get a Great One for Your Kid
- Resumes—How to Write One that Opens Doors
- The Best Times for a Trip to Los Angeles
- Best LA Housing Options—short term and long term
- Why Pilot Season is Important (But Maybe Not the Best Place to Start)
- Episodic Season—Your Secret Weapon
- When is Your Child Ready for an Agent?
- Attitude Rules to Follow for Success
This course is delivered in a FIVE DOWNLOADABLE AUDIO MODULES, with handout materials, exercises, and a beautiful, printable copy of the entire transcript. It’s ideal for true beginners, or for people who are not sure how far they are ready to commit to this adventure.
2) My Advanced Course, Child Star Rising, is for parents whose kids have already gotten some experience, and are ready to go for it!
This is a MUCH more in-depth course in SIX AUDIO MODULES, plus ONE BONUS MODULE, Keeping Your Child Safe in The Entertainment Industry.
You will learn:
- How to get Your Child a Work Permit
- How to set up a Coogan Account
- How to Find an Agent or Manager
- How to Get in Front of and Choose a Great Agent or Manager
- What to Know About the Momager/Dadager Option, (The Dynamics of Mixing Parenthood and Business)
- How to Build a Great Team
- The Different Levels of Access to Auditions
- How to Help Your Child Prepare to Audition
- Basic Information on Unions
- Important Warnings re: Background Work
- The Role of Casting Boards
- Who’s Who and What Happens on Set
- Set Etiquette—Critical Lessons for Your Child’s Success
- How to Manage School for Your Young Actor
- How Disney Casts, and Does NOT Cast
- Financial Realities and Legalities for Stage Parents
- How to Prepare for Your Child’s Success
- Setting Boundaries to Protect Your Child
- How to Thrive as a Hollywood Parent
PLUS, the BONUS audio module, Protecting Your Child in the Entertainment Industry contains critical new information on how to protect your child from the darker side of Hollywood.
Each audio lesson is downloadable — so once you download it, you can listen whenever you need it. All the handout materials come as downloadable PDFs that you can print, or just keep on your computer to access whenever you like. And the full transcript comes in a beautiful, printable format.
The time and money these courses will save you is MANY TIMES OVER their price—but the real savings is in the precious, finite childhood you won’t waste figuring it all out on your own, the hard way. A single critical lesson could save you thousands of dollars, and heartbreak.
If you want to help give your child the best opportunity for success in film and TV, you owe it to yourself to be as informed as possible. Which course makes the most sense for your situation?
Do you need help with some basics because you are truly starting out? Then Hometown to Hollywood is for you. And the $147 price is designed to make this a very affordable investment in peace of mind.
It’s about the same cost as an hour of audition coaching—but will get you much further!!
Your payment goes through Stripe, which is 100% secure.
Are you a little down the road already? Feel like you have some basics handled but ready for some help with the next steps? Or starting from scratch but ready to get serious?
Then Child Star Rising is for you. And the $297 price is a terrific bargain for the time and money and drama you will save, as well as the significant peace of mind and confidence you gain.
For the cost of about two hours of audition coaching, you will be truly equipped to help your child take their professional career to the next level.
Your payment goes through Stripe, which is 100% secure.
Remember, the Advanced Course, Child Star Rising, includes ALL SEVEN AUDIO MODULES:
- The six in the Advanced Course
- PLUS the BONUS module – Protecting Your Child in the Entertainment Industry
- Full Transcript of Audio Course
- And of course, all the handout materials
And there’s no risk.
If you feel like you don’t get 5X the value from the training material, email me at email@example.com ANY TIME during the 30 days after your purchase, and I’ll happily refund your full payment.
The best part?
If you think there’s a “slight chance” Hometown to Hollywood or Child Star Rising can help you…
…Just try the one (or ones) that make sense for you, take a full 30 days to use the material, and if you don’t feel you saved at least 5X the money you spent, email me before the 31st day, and I’ll give you a full refund. No hard feelings.
What is it worth to know you are approaching your child’s career supported with genuine guidance? To know that you can cut through months or even years of frustration because you have a much better grasp of how things work in Hollywood? It costs an average family about $4500/month to live in Los Angeles. WASTING EVEN TWO MONTHS because you are confused about how to most effectively pursue a course of action COULD COST YOU AT LEAST $9k.
AND your child’s finite window of opportunity.
What is the peace of mind worth?
I wish these courses had been available when I came to LA with my daughter Dove six years ago, but I am very pleased to be able to offer up my hard-won experience and learning to you in these workshops. Hollywood is challenging enough even when you know what you’re doing! And even though no one can promise that your kid will be a star, you CAN shorten the learning curve and give your kid a serious edge on the competition. Right from your own home.
The other thing I wish is that we’d gotten started earlier! Dove was 14 when we arrived in LA, and most of her peers had a big head start on us. What are you waiting for? Decide which workshop makes the most sense for you, and begin your own Hollywood Journey today.